Outpatient Substance Abuse Program for Teens
Pathway’s Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Program for Teens serves teens ages 13-17 and is our most popular program for this age group. One of the many benefits of our outpatient program is that teens are able to learn to be sober and gain new coping skills while practicing them in their normal daily life. Here’s how it works: teens learn new coping skills in group or individual counseling sessions. They are then able to utilize the peer support group in the application of these newly learned recovery skills. Throughout this process teens and their parents work with our staff to identify and address difficult or problem areas arising from daily life situations.
Our teen outpatient substance abuse program provides 20 hours of group counseling per week, with groups focusing on issues specific to teens. Here they gain the coping skills they will need to stay clean and sober. Each young person admitted into this program will work with our staff to develop an individualized recovery plan, with specific goals to be met prior to discharge. Some of the most important issues addressed will be
- Dealing with peer pressure
- Identifying negative peer relationships
- Identification of self-defeating behaviors
- Building self-esteem
- Establishing a positive peer group
- Learning to have fun without drugs
- Repair of trust within parent relationships
- Understanding of addiction and possible long term outcomes
- Relapse prevention
Group sessions are four hours per day — Monday through Friday the outpatient program also includes individual counseling for the teen, family sessions for parents, three teen peer support group meetings per week, two social events per week and support group meetings for parents.
What makes Pathway’s approach unique is our integration of fun into recovery. We understand teens’ needs to be social and enjoy life. We help them experience fun without drugs or alcohol through our weekly social events. Throughout their treatment, teens connect with peers their own age who are also in recovery. These connections help them create a positive support system with people they can relate to and feel comfortable talking with.
Parents are the backbone of a teen’s support system, which is why we provide parent support group meetings. These meetings help parents understand what their teen is going through and how to help them in their recovery.
At Pathway, we know that recovery doesn’t end with treatment. That’s why we help teens develop skills and learn specific strategies for resisting relapse after they leave our outpatient program. Our long-term aftercare and follow-up helps teens continue to learn how to apply the solutions they learned in treatment. This long-term recovery support is critical for successful recovery.
- Six- to 12-week outpatient program for teens ages 13-17
- Highly individualized recovery plan based on each teen’s needs
- Integrates fun and recovery
- Builds self-esteem
- Teaches positive coping skills
- Addresses teen-specific issues
- Helps meet teens’ social needs
- Helps teens develop a positive support system
- Offers support groups
- Provides an introduction to the 12 steps of recovery and how to work through them
- Includes parent support group meetings
- Provides practical solutions that can be applied to a teen’s daily life after they leave the program
- Offers long-term aftercare
- Fits within most family lifestyles
- Cost effective
To find out more or schedule an evaluation or intake, call 877-921-4050.
The Pathway Drug, Alcohol, and Substance Abuse Treatment and Rehab Centers serve patients from Arizona and California.
The Gilbert, Arizona Drug, Alcohol, and Substance Abuse Treatment Center is easily accessible from Gilbert, Tempe, Chandler, Queen Creek, Mesa, Tucson, Flagstaff, and Scottsdale, Arizona.
Our Phoenix, Arizona Drug, Alcohol, and Substance Abuse Treatment Center is easily accessible from Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, North Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tucson, Flagstaff, Cave Creek, and Carefree, Arizona.