Parent Support Groups for Addiction
Pathway offers drug and alcohol support group meetings for parents. A teen or young adult abusing drugs or alcohol affects the entire family and can create a chaotic home life, parents experience anger, worry, hurt and all relationships within the family can become strained.
One of the most powerful tools for parents to cope with their child’s drug addiction problems is a parent support group. Pathway’s drug addiction treatment programs integrate the family into the recovery process by providing parent support group meetings that allow parents to gain needed support and learn about drug use, addiction and recovery.
These support groups for parents of drug addiction and substance abuse offer parents a chance to speak with other parents who have been in their situation and have found solutions that work. Parent support group meetings offer opportunities to learn new tools to help the whole family recover.
- Offers parents a chance to discuss issues with other parents in the same situations
- Educates parents about drug use and addiction
- Weekly meetings
- Teaches parents communication skills that work with addicts
- Helps parents create a united front with their child
- Helps parents indentify enabling behaviors and replace them with boundaries
Parent support group meetings are easily accessible to Phoenix area and East valley parents. Contact us for more information.